Reception CounterThis is the main information counter of the center, where you can receive information about the building’s directory and apply to use the facilities.
Map of the 2nd FloorThe 1st floor has a parking lot for cars and bicycles.
Map of the 3rd FloorThe 1st floor has a parking lot for cars and bicycles.
Information Corner(Internet)Internet: 100 yen/30 minutes
Video viewing: Free of charge
※Please come to the reception counter.
Information CornerThis is the main information counter of the center, where you can receive information about the building’s directory and apply to use the facilities.。
(Books and information materials)
Information Corner(Reading Area)※This room is free to use.
（Capacity: Seating capacity of 90 persons/Standing capacity of 120 persons/Area: 174 m2）
Training Rooms 1, 2, and 3Available for trainings, courses, and conferences.
（Capacity: 30 persons per room/Area: 57 m2 per room）
Practical Training RoomRoom available for deepening exchanges through cross-cultural art and craft including painting and ceramics.
(Capacity: 30 persons/Area: 71 m2/Work table: 2 tables）
KitchenRoom available for learning the dietary culture of various countries.
（Cooking table: 4 tables/Capacity: 24 persons/Area: 63㎡）
Japanese RoomThis is a place to deepen your understanding of Japanese traditional culture such as tea ceremony and flower arrangement.
（10 tatamis, 2 rooms/Capacity: 24 persons）
Exchange SalonThis is a place for visitors to chat.
International Exchange Exhibition RoomDisplays through panels and films such as images of international exchange of Mito City including exchanges with our sister city of Anaheim and Chongqing City in China.
※Updated: June 2007
Fees for the Use of Facility Rental
|Room||Floor||Capacity||Fee Per Time Zone|
|Multipurpose Hall||3rd Floor||Seating capacity of 90 persons and standing capacity of 90 persons||Morning||3,600 yen|
|Entire Day||13,200 yen|
|Training Rooms 1, 2, and 3||3rd Floor||30 persons per room||Morning||1,800yen|
|Practical Training Room||3rd Floor||30 persons per room||Morning||1,800yen|
|Kitchen||3rd Floor||24 persons||Afternoon||1,800yen|
|Japanese Room||3rd Floor||24 persons||Afternoon||1,200yen|
|Classification of Time Zones|
|Afternoon||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Afternoon||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Evening||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Entire Day||9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
※Time zones include preparation and cleanup.
Application for Use
9 a.m. - 5：15 p.m. on open days
- 2. Submission of Application Forms and Payment of Fees
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on open days
However, pre-reserved applications and payments are also accepted between the 5:15 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Period for Acceptance
For international exchangep： Applications will be accepted 3 months to 3 days prior to the date of use (for the multipurpose hall only, applications will be accepted 6 months prior to the date of use).
For purposes other than international exchange： Applications will be accepted 2 months to 3 days prior to the date of use.
How to apply
The applicant should visit the center 3 days prior to the date of use and submit the “Application for Permission to Use”, after making a pre-reservation by visiting the center or telephone.
For international exchange, it is free of charge.
For purposes other than international exchange, see information about each facility.Facility Rental>>>
Permission to use
Once the application is permitted, you will receive a “permit to use”.
The permit to use the facility may not be used in any of the following cases:。
- When liable to disturb public order and corrupt public morals
- When liable to destroy or damage facility or equipment
- When liable to use the facility, etc. for profit-making purposes
- When liable to operate projects for the interest of a specific political party or support a specific candidate in an election
- When liable to support a specific religion, church, denomination, or order.
- affecting administration and so forth
Cancelling Use/Making Changes
To cancel use of the facility or make changes, go through procedures 3 days prior to the date of use.
National holidays (Except Saturdays. If a national holiday falls on a Monday, the center will also be closed on the following day.)
Year-end/New year (December 29 - January 3)
The center may also be closed on a temporary basis due to equipment inspection, etc.
Instructions and Directions for Use
- A facility may not be used for purposes other than for which it was granted permission or the right to use a facility may not be handed to another person.
- After use, please return equipment and accessories to their original places and lock the door.
- When facilities or equipment are destroyed or damaged, damages will be paid.
- For tea ceremonies, complimentary pots and tea cups in the kitchenette may be used.
- Bring your own tea leaves, etc. please wash and return equipment to their original places after use.
- The center is a smoke-free area with the exception of one part (smoking corner).
Collection of Regulations of Mito City Website
※ Please look up the "Mito International Center Ordinance" and "Mito International Center Ordinance Enforcement Regulations" in "Part 10 People’s Livelihood" in the above link.